Not so OT: CRTC denies CAIP application, but will examine,Internet traffic management practices

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 20 18:44:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The CRTC is old & outdated, all the Laws (read: Acts) need to be
> rewritten for the 21st Century...!

This is a really tough thing.

If we had rewritten the laws for the way things were in the 1970s,
then the changes into the '80s would have required some rewrites.  And
repeat that each decade.

You're not wrong, but rewriting laws "en masse" is a mighty tough
endeavour, and it's not obvious that having them follow every little
technical trend works, particularly when we don't know, a priori,
which of those trends will continue to 10 and 20 years into the
future.

I don't know how to get it right...
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling