gnash is gnot very good

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 20 16:07:51 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,

What distrobution are you using?

In order for me to get gnash working on youtube I had to compile some
of the parts from scratch. I used debian for that.

I tried the same with ubuntu with no luck. And the new ubuntu with
gnash is not so hot either, i tried it on my PS3. It doesnt work.

Its either gnash needs some more work, or certain distros have some
issues.. or both :)

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Paul King <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I downloaded gnash 0.8.2 for Firefox 3 which seems compatible as of
> version 8 of Flash. However, when displaying a chart, it gives me this
> fake image of a chart and not the actual, interactive chart. I can't
> offer you a link to it, because it is password-protected. Just be
> assured that the chart (those PHP/XML-based charts on Wordpress) works
> on Firefox and Explorer for Windows. Just not on Linux.
>
> Paul

The man who is always a newbie at something,
Dave Germiquet

Everytime I learn something new,
I realize I know very little.