enable hw mac addresses in wireless router

Teddy Mills teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 18 21:21:03 UTC 2008

Got a Wireless WRT310N router.

Having problems setting Ubuntu laptop via WPA2 with TKIP/AES.
spent hours, on this
can only get 1Mbits 802.11b connection. (100% it is a g-chip)
(old story of proprietary firmware from BroadCom drivers etc etc)

So I says...why dont I just disable all wireless security.
then enable just the hardware MAC address to enable only my computers to
connect.

Just as secure as before, right?

Plus you do not have to worry about all kinds of wireless wacky macky...

/teddy