"Vista Capable" lawsuit

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 15 05:01:46 UTC 2008

It's actually a pretty interesting read. Sounds like a lot of the
developers and project teams were really sticking with the
requirements for the sticker (Vista Certification), only to get
steamrolled near the end by a collusion and agreement between
sales-drones of MS and those in Intel lobbying them to alter the spec
to allow sub-par hardware.

It's pretty sad, because MS seems to have a lot of talent and I really
wouldn't be surprised to see that a lot of the issues they run into
are marketdroids overruling IT common-sense.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:54 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> [Not really Linux related, except in a "know your competitor" kind of
> way.]
>
> I was reading Valleywag.com for the first time because I heard that it is
> being eliminated.  One item included a link to this court document that I
> found a model of clarity.  It convincingly argues that Microsoft mislead
> customers in an egregious way.
>  http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/valleywag/2008/11/vistajudgement.pdf

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support