Chosing cheap desktop: recommendation?

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 15:41:33 UTC 2008

Paul,

I want to pitch in on this also.  I think Madison suggestion is very
good. Centos 5 should be able to run on those laptops petty easily.
You also end up having a hardware you can use for long in other ways -
laptops tend to retain their value better - , instead of equally weak
towers from Canada computes. You help environment too

If you really have to buy a tower, just buy a certified hardware. Far
much cheaper as you can pick it without OS and a peace of mind knowing
it WILL work.

See a one here

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pedge_t105?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

That may not be your taste, so you can also look here for other options

https://hardware.redhat.com/list.cgi?version=5&cf_internal_whiteboard=Server&cf_internal_whiteboard=Desktop%2FWorkstation&cf_internal_whiteboard=Laptop&showall=1

Regards,

William

Sorry for top posting!