Chosing cheap desktop: recommendation?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 03:37:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Alex Beamish wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:26 PM, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
>> (from
>> http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=cpl&id=170.45&sort=3)
>
> I think any of these would be fine for fooling around with a
> Linux installation.

Thanks. I just worried that any of the chipsets doesn't have
driver in the kernel (2.6.18) yet. Also if there is known issue
with Biostar motherboard.

> I'm currently using an Old Dell P4-3GHz with 1G RAM and it
> works just fine for a variety of applications.

Yeah, old machine will be fine. Unfortunately I am not sure
where I can get my hand on old good machine. I actually worried
that those from Canada Computers are too new.

Thanks!

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo