How do you force Firefox to not eat all your memory?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 00:06:44 UTC 2008

| From: Dave Mason <dmason-bqArmZWzea/GcjXNFnLQ/w at public.gmane.org>

|    exec real-firefox

By real-firefox, I assume you mean the normal firefox script.  That
sets up a bunch of crud for the firefox binary.

Since ulimits are inherited, there is no need to exec the actual
binary.

I have a low-grade annoyance with FireFox.  It crashes on me once in a
while.  Using gdb on it seems to not work well.

I don't have Adobe Flash so I canot blame it.

I think that some to the memory used by FireFox is in the X server.