lisp syntax: mutt FROM emacs

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 17:44:10 UTC 2008

hi, i think my last method almost works -- reprinted below:

alternatively one could just start mutt from within emacs -- i found a
little script online that more or less does that:
http://www.vinc17.org/mutt/emacs-mutt.el .  i'm not sure exactly what's
going on there, but i imagine it could be modified into something more
like what i had above; and one would use the post-mode post.el, designed
for mutt, to insert stuff into :

(defun start-mutt-with-this-buffer-contents (address)
	(mark-whole-buffer)
	(interactive "M") ;; i think that's right
	;; i'm pretty sure the syntax is wrong below
	;; final term needs to be a listp -- not sure
	;; what that means
	(set-buffer (apply 'make-term "Mutt" "mutt" nil address))
	(switch-to-buffer "*Mutt*")
;; at this point i would hope that a mutt process would be started in
;; the new buffer & the address query could take place within mutt
;; itself.  then mutt would start yet another buffer for the actual
;; message, using post.el as its mode.  the address field would already
;; be set, we would just have to insert the buffer contents
	(post-goto-body)
	(yank)
)

the main problem is that the input i get in the minibuffer -- stored as
"address" -- is some kind of a string, while the set-buffer command asks
for a list.  wish i understood lisp better!

matt

../Dave
--
Matt Price