is Bob Young out of his mind?

bob 295 icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 10 22:22:38 UTC 2008

On November 10, 2008 11:30 am, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> bob 295 wrote:
> > I went to order a copy of my book online and discovered that the
> > shipping costs to Canada had gone from $12US a month ago to $85US
> > today !!!    Someone ordering my $35US book online would now pay
> > $120US to have it shipped.
>
> I just talked to someone involved with Lulu; the reply was that your
> $85 quote was for next day delivery (what they call "express"), and
> that cheaper shipping options exist.
>
> They did admit that it was probably not a good idea to have next day
> as the default shipping method and are looking into changing this.
>
> - Evan

Actually the problem is that no cheaper shipping option exists.

As of 08Oct31 there are only two shipping options available for my book:
Standard ($82.86US) and
Express ($94.26US).

Official word I got from Lulu is that an "Economy" option is being
investigated and might be available in a "few weeks".

This is a textbook case of how to commit business suicide.

bob