is Bob Young out of his mind?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 10 15:29:22 UTC 2008

Surely that's an error. We order parts from Digikey in Thief River Falls,
Minnesota, and the overnight delivery charge is $8. Total.

Maybe that should be $8.50?

Peter

> When Bob Young left RedHat he used some of his wealth to setup a publish
> on
> demand service called Lulu.com.    I recently wrote and published a book
> using this service and the experience was fantanstic until this morning.
>
> I went to order a copy of my book online and discovered that the shipping
> costs to Canada had gone from $12US a month ago to $85US today !!!
> Someone
> ordering my $35US book online would now pay $120US to have it shipped.
>
> Lulu.com may be using the best open source technology but someone in
> charge
> has just instituted a suicidal policy change.
>
> bob

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325