A Toronto Open Street Map event...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 5 17:26:53 UTC 2008

I would like to do some more Open Street Map mapping parties in the
Greater Toronto Area. Question is, when and where?

To start, I gather that the folks at Cloud Made are willing to pick up
the tab for a meetup.com event. The meetup.com people do some of the
logistics re: e-mail reminders and the like. On the other hand I have
doubts about do they offer good value for the $... In the mean time we
need to think about the when and where type questions.

The where I think should be somewhere outside the Toronto downtown.
While there is clear room for improvement in the downtown map, the
areas away from downtown are ... pretty sad. Still that leaves us with
Scarborough, North York or Etobicoke. Anyone have a preference? With
the following question, we will want a free location with WiFi, any
ideas?

Next question is a date, I would favour a Saturday, enough light to
see by and do things (as opposed to meeting say in the evening...).
What works for those here who would be inclined to attend a mapping
party?

Colin McGregor

P.S. This past weekend I went after Queen St. E., aka: the Beach so
spots like Lee Av. will be showing up.

I will hope to get back there next weekend and make sure I have sorted
out the Fallingbrooks ... In one small area at the east end of Queen
St. E. you have "Fallingbrook Rd.",  "Fallingbrook Cres.",  and
"Fallingbrook Woods" ... Not 100% obvious where some of the above
start / end.