OT: Bell Internet Performance Service - Up to 7 Mbps

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 22:55:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> I will NEVER have service from Sympatico.
>>
> Forgot to mention, Rogers support is located in Toronto.  Sympatico's is
> in India.

Bell's shifting of services to India is getting me peeved.

It makes it eminently clear that their priority is on Cost Savings
over Quality of Service.

I haven't yet seen a case where shifting services to the Third World
has NOT led to a degradation of quality of service.

It's getting to the point where, if I pick up the phone, and hear an
Indian accented voice, rather like Pavlov's dogs, I get the sinking
feeling of inevitability of a cruddy "service experience."  It's not
the Indians' fault - the fault clearly lies in Bell's policies.

For it to be otherwise *ought* to be possible.   If they are saving
money, in one place, it ought to be *possible* to spend some of that
savings to improve services elsewhere, and we might imagine this
enhancing service.  But evidently, they have found that the few
millions of dollars lost from customers that leave are outweighed by
the millions more in increased profitability from those that resign
themselves to crummy service.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling