[OT] Home Network, Two Routers

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 3 17:19:09 UTC 2008

Stephen,

> Now, I want to connect a second router in the living room so I can have
> wireless in there.
>
> How should I set this up?
Just connect the Ethernet cable to the second router WAN port.

> Should I use DHCP, or just hard code the IPs in the second router?

You will need to assign the WAN port an IP. I believe for management
purpose only. Then, disable the DHCP feature. At that point, the
second router looks more or less like a switch. The IPs will be issued
by the main router. Since all IP are from the same DHCP scope, - read,
same network - all host in your house will be in position to reach
each other

> I want the different computers to all "see" each other.
>
> Is this possible?
Yeap, its possible
> Thanks
> Stephen