What is the best option with Zimbra

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 29 03:20:53 UTC 2008

| From: Myles Braithwaite <myles-Ufssi81vwmMSKvlGVnxYRVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>

| I am current running CentOS 5.
| But I would suggest using OpenSUSE and Debian.
|
| Ubuntu and Fedora have some problems with EOL.

EOL == End Of Life.

In other words, you are concerned that support will disappear too
soon.

In fact, Ubuntu 8.04, the current release, is an "LTS" release (long
term support).  Your concern only applies to non-LTS Ubuntu releases.

CentOS5.x is just RHEL5.x and thus has long term support too.

The Ubuntu 8.04 codebase is generally more recent than CentOS5.x.

Both Fedora and Ubuntu claim that they can do version upgrades.  I'm
too chicken to try them.  If they did work, the EOL problem might not
matter.

I'm typing this on a CentOS5.1 machine running sendmail.  I'm
sshing from a Fedora Core 3 machine (very stale!).