automated phone call from skype?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 27 19:53:01 UTC 2008

That's a pretty complicated task for a fairly simple problem. Why not
just get one of those little portable alarm clock thingies.
Alternately, if you have your old could always just use that as an
alarm.

Automated skype-to-phone calling sounds interesting though. I do
believe that the Skype API's are somewhat public and there's a plugin
feature you can use.

Regards,

TJA

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Peter Smerdon <psmerdon-J4oS66wZXds at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> My new cellphone (motorola i885) does not come with an alarm clock, and
> there is no alarm clock app that I can download for it. I thought about
> signing up for a superscription wake up call service but then thought that
> perhaps Linux could solve this for me.
>
> At home I have an always on computer running ubuntu 8.04, is there a way
> I can send a skype call from the command line via cron to my cellphone
> every morning?
>
> I could just break down and buy a travel alarm but that's something else
> I have to lug around with me and plug in each night.
>

> --
>
> Peter.

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support