automated phone call from skype?

Peter Smerdon psmerdon-J4oS66wZXds at public.gmane.org
Tue May 27 12:26:39 UTC 2008

Hi List,

My new cellphone (motorola i885) does not come with an alarm clock, and
there is no alarm clock app that I can download for it. I thought about
signing up for a superscription wake up call service but then thought that
perhaps Linux could solve this for me.

At home I have an always on computer running ubuntu 8.04, is there a way
I can send a skype call from the command line via cron to my cellphone
every morning?

I could just break down and buy a travel alarm but that's something else
I have to lug around with me and plug in each night.

--

Peter.