Rural high-speed?

Don Moskaluk Don.Moskaluk-qw45nNPI8JxBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri May 23 15:23:45 UTC 2008

An alternative is to setup you own wireless mesh.  I am currently using
802.11b and 900 Mhz.  With 900 Mhz you can get up to twenty miles (54
mbps) with clear line of site and it is dramatically reduced if there is
vegetation.  Ideally I bet your neighbours all want high speed internet.
You can easily make your own system using old PC, Antenna's, radio cards
and make your own system.  You can look at my site
www.moskaluk.com/papers.htm and www.moskaluk.com/blogger.htm to get
started with Locustworld.  There are a number of different Open Source
software solutions that can be used to deploy a wireless mesh.  To get
more information please check out my topology page:
http://www.moskaluk.com/Mesh/wireless_mesh_topology.htm Locustworld
distro is design to implement a wireless wan using AODV.  Everything is
in the box and you can easily put this together and start your own
wireless community.  It is very easy to do.

Sincerely,

Don Moskaluk