Rural high-speed?

bob 295 icanprogram-sKcZck+fQKg at public.gmane.org
Tue May 20 17:09:21 UTC 2008

On May 20, 2008 12:30 pm, Meng Cheah wrote:
> bob 295 wrote:
> > These guys offer a point to point wireless broadband solution up in that
> > area.
> >
> > http://www.candlelight.ca/
> >
> > I'm in rural Flamborough and have a similar solution from MDS Wireless.
> > Works great.
> >
> > bob
>
> Hi
>
> I'm enquiring for my friends who live  just on the edge of Brighton
> township, Ontario.
> Cable service ends several hundred yards away and they are on Sympatico
> dialup.
>
> Does anyone know of some alternative that is not too expensive?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Meng

These are the point to point providers in Eastern Ontario area.

http://www.storm.ca/map_wireless.html

Alas they don't seem to come as far back as Brighton.

Your friend might also want to check out

http://www.broadbandontario.com/

(as you can tell I still have lots of bookmarks from my own prolonged search).

bob