OT: I Just Deleted my Plaxo Account

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue May 20 02:57:36 UTC 2008

At 9:45pm I received an email stating that Plaxo had been acquired by
Comcast, the company with the worst customer satisfaction rating in
America (in any category):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast#Reputation_for_poor_customer_satisfaction
http://www.fuckcomcast.com/

By 10:15pm I deleted my Plaxo account. There are better ways to sync
address books (I now use "SyncKolab"). I had already been on the fence
about Plaxo because of dicey security concerns, and its reputation of
encouraging the spamming of one's address-book contacts to create their
own accounts. The purchase by Comcast made the decision to leave very easy.

Maybe Facebook is next. I love this YouTube video called "Facebook in
Real Life": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrlSkU0TFLs

But I'll probably hang onto Linkedin. That one at least offers some
business payoff.

- Evan