[OT]Javascript superstar sought for brief engagement

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 20 00:11:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Aaron Vegh <aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> I've gotten this to work pretty well in Safari and Firefox and IE7;
> you can view them here:
>
> http://www.innoveghtive.com/clients/accordion/test4.html
> http://www.innoveghtive.com/clients/accordion/test5.html
>
> It breaks down in IE6. :-P Gaps appear within some lists. I need to
> have that fixed so it works reliably and smoothly in all browsers.

Hi Aaron.  I don't have any copies of IE handy at the moment - would
it be possible to ask for screenshots from IE?  Based on your
description I suspect CSS margins are the culprit.

> Also, the client wants the arrow to turn when an item is selected.
> I've been so focused on getting the slide to work at all that I
> haven't dealt with this issue!

I'm not particularly familiar with script.aculo.us or the accordian
library you're using so I've downloaded a local copy of your
test4.html and associated libraries.  The problem looks like it might
be in the setting/unsetting of the class names.  I'll let you know
what I find.

--
 Scott Elcomb
 http://www.psema4.com/