Rural high-speed?

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 19 15:26:40 UTC 2008

James Knott wrote:

> I don't believe that service has anything to do with cell phones as the
> bandwidth available is much greater than what the cell network can
> support.  There is a cell phone based data service, but it is very
> *EXPENSIVE*!!!

Excuse me I should have said 'cell tower based' since Rogers' cell
towers are the dispersal points for their wi-max service. Therefore it
stands to reason that where there is cell phone service there are cell
phone towers and those towers might also be equipped with wi-max base
stations. You will note that in my original post, I specifically said
that it might work.

John