ssh Access from the internet

Mike Oliver moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Wed May 14 07:27:18 UTC 2008

Quoting Alex Maynard <maynarda-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>:

> On Tue, 13 May 2008, R.T. wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which...
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2008/msg00152.html
>

> This seems kind of important -- do I interpret it correctly that
> anyone using ssh keys on a debian based system, such as ubuntu,
> should now recreate all their keys?

Um -- could someone please explain the implications of this
to someone who doesn't know much about OpenSSL?  I'm not running
any servers on my machine and don't think I ever *knowingly*
generated any openssl keys.  Does that mean I don't have a problem?

What I specifically want to make sure is, if I logged into
a secure website (https) while I had the vulnerable openssl
installed, does the vulnerability matter?  Or does it matter only
if the *server* is running the vulnerable version?

Thanks,
Mike