soffice cli interface?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 1 16:15:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Neil Watson
<tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I store my resume as a latex file.  With a little scripting I can output
>  this as HTML, txt and PDF.  However there are troublesome group of
>  recruiters that can only seem to deal with a resume in Word format.  Is
>  it possible to script OpenOffice to convert files from the shell?

(comedy)  Create a new openoffice document, then paste in
carefully-edited screenshots.  =)

So many people seem to be using word as a container format anyways.
<grinds teeth>

Oh, and I was _really_ pleased that an openoffice doc really is just
that.  Rename it to .zip and you can extract the tree of documents
right out.  =)  This is how I rescue images.