Hans Reiser Guilty of First Degree Murder

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 1 15:54:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Well at least its open source and the project can continue without him. But
>  should they rename it considering the filesystem will be named after a
>  convicted felon.. I mean who wants to use MansonFS or McVeighFS :P

I'd be concerned if this happened.  Does one's future actions nullify
one's previous (or current) achievements?

I could cure cancer tomorrow, but if in 50 years I break the pope's
nose because he tries to save me on my deathbed I'd be remembered for
that instead.

I'd rather see the filesystem project change or fail because of
technical reasons, and not social reasons.  For me, I choose to not
use that filesystem for technical reasons (and apathy) not social
ones.  This media crap would probably have me take a closer look, and
not develop an aversion.