XMMS replacement

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 1 14:53:49 UTC 2008

I think he meant "audacious"

I believe it's based on BMP, and I've been using it in place of XMMS
for some time now.

It's actually quite nice, with a nice interface (fairly skinnable),
XMMS/winamp-like feel, and decent rack of plugins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacious_Media_Player

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 10:04:19AM -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:
>  > XMMS has been deprecated across a few distributions over time, I think
>  > Gentoo might have done that more than a year ago even. However, Beep
>  > Media Player is a GTK2 port of XMMS, and I think Audacity is a port of Beep.
>
>  Audacity is a sound editor (a very powerful one).  It is not a player.
>

>  > That being said, I don't recall using a version of Amarok that didn't
>  > support queueing so maybe you'd like to revisit that?
>
>  --
>  Len Sorensen
>

> --
>  The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>  TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2
(647) 302-0942