Of Linus, KDE, and mouse buttons

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 31 14:40:29 UTC 2008

Christopher Browne wrote:

> I don't expect everyone to agree with my evaluation of this design
> aspect, but those with open minds should realize that this is the sort
> of thing that will lead to personal preference...

  Well that's the whole point isn't it? Some people prefer to work in a
quiet room while others prefer a lot of background noise. Some people
like a lot of clutter while others crave order. The most important
feature common to KDE, Gnome, XFCE, Fluxbox et al, and the CLI interface
  is the one that lets us get our work done in a timely manner and in
the environment of our choice. Something that truly can't  be said for
the big kid on the block.

John