Of Linus, KDE, and mouse buttons

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 31 00:58:24 UTC 2008

Gary Walsh wrote:
> I am amused by this thread.  Though I think that several KDE
> applications are excellent, Amarok for instance,  everytime I switch to
> KDE from Gnome, I just find it annoying.  I just prefer the way things
> are done in Gnome.  Gnome looks better and I think that the Nautilus
> file manager is so much superior to KDE's Konqueror, and reminds me of
> OS/2's file manager, which I always liked.  I don't understand why
> people prefer KDE over Gnome, but to each his own.  I am reserving my
> opinion on KDE 4, which is a radical change from KDE 3 and may prove
> more attractive to me in time.

The KDE developers have known for a while that the Konqueror model if
browser+file manager+the kitchen sink isn't the way to go. Dolphin looks
reasonable as a replacement built specifically to manage files.

I've been using Krusader with its two column view for manging files at
home, it is absolutely splendid. e.g. split view gui, and no mouse
required--and it works with regular KDE protocol integration like fish,
sftp, etc.

Jamon