Of Linus, KDE, and mouse buttons

Dave Mason dmason-bqArmZWzea/GcjXNFnLQ/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 30 18:33:03 UTC 2008

I echo the comment that Evan's post was very good.

Of course, it was also simplistic, or at least simplified, as any useful
model of reality must be.  And of course, there are those of us who
aren't captured well by the model: to whit, I use Emacs as my mail
reader, hate automatic cars, always change my own oil (when I own a
car), always have a terminal window open, now only use Linux for servers
(including MythTV), and among my family (myself, my partner, child,
mother, and in-laws) have a total of 9 Macs varying over eMacs, iMacs,
and MacBooks (including the SSD MacBook Air that I'm typing this on), do
research on programming languages/compilers and web design, and beside
Emacs, my favourite programs are probably iPhoto and Google Earth.

../Dave