Kubuntu, OpenOffice, and icon profiles

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 29 17:17:56 UTC 2008

This quandry has stymied me for months and I'm not even sure if the
answer is with Kubuntu. KDE or OpenOffice.

Specifically, I have no idea how to enable previews (or viewing
medtadata) for OpenOffice/ODT files under Kubuntu (KDE 3.5.9) . For
reasons I can't explain I have it working on one Kubuntu system but not
another -- so I know it _can_ work.

Everything else -- graphic files, PDFs, even video files -- preview fine
under both Konqueror and Dolphin on both systems. I've enabled
everything I can using the KDE control panel.

Any pointers (especially general documentation on how KDE handles
previews, icon watermarks, etc) are appreciated.

- Evan