External VGA support on my laptop

John Fruhwirth johnfruh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 27 14:48:08 UTC 2008

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your input on this.

If your guess, that "Maybe the path to /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't exist", is
true, then we would have to explain why aticonfig was able to save a backup
of it.  after all, it reported that it was "*Using /etc/X11/xorg.conf"*
And that it *"Saved back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.original-1"*
Wouldn't you agree?

It's the last message that gets me! *"aticonfig: Writing to
'/etc/X11/xorg.conf' failed. Bad file descriptor."
*What could "*Bad file descriptor*" mean?  And, if it is bad, how can it be
fixed?

...John