Creating a mount point for Windows shares with Mandriva 2008

Clive DaSilva cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 26 15:35:07 UTC 2008

Hello

I ran into a weird problem when I upgraded my Linux box from Mandriva
2007 to 2008. Using Mandriva Control Centre, I tried to create a mount
point on the Linux box for my Windows XP shares (worked fine in Mandriva
2007) to that I can attach documents to my email postings on the Linux
box. The procedure keeps failing when I try to create the link in MCC. I
know that Samba is running properly as I can access the shares via
Konqueror with smb:\\whatever the name is\my documents.
The bugzilla reporting window came up, and I reported this as a bug as
apparently the Diskdrake program crashed.

Have any of you Mandriva users out there had this problem?

--
Clive DaSilva CMA
Tel:  416-421-2480