leasing linux laptops

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 25 14:43:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 06:15:37AM -0400, Scott Allen wrote:
> On Mon Mar 24,2008 11:16:28 AM Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >Well someone at work just got a Thinkpad T61, which so far works
> >amazingly well with Debian (well with Debian Unstable).
> [...]
> >Bluetooth, firewire, usb, etc all work fine.  We haven't looked
> >at the fingerprinter scanner although supposedly that too works
> >with linux.
>
> How about the built in modem? (Presumably it's a winmodem of some
> type.)

I have no idea.  Who even looks at a modem these days?  I would be
surprised if it wasn't a winmodem, although it could be one of the ones
for which there does exist drivers (although binary only generally).  No
idea.  I have no idea what modem is in my wife's laptop either which
also has great linux support.  Maybe its modem isn't supported either.

--
Len Sorensen