Linux Printing: Still Awful After All These Years

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 25 00:35:08 UTC 2008

I have a Brother InkJet MFC640CW for which Brother (or someone at the
CUPS website) provided the drivers, but the recommeneded drivers never
worked. My multifunction printer is currently a paperweight, sad to say.
Test pages are happily gobbled up by the drivers, but no printing ever
takes place, and no error messages that I am aware of ever pops up.

Paul King