The next big social networking tool is... Thunderbird?

R.T. spamstinksmmmkay-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 24 19:02:05 UTC 2008

IMO, the *real*, *sustainable* numbers are dictated by content (it "is
king", to parrot the meme).

If this "featured article" system is broken, I have a trivial
solution: stop using it!

Readership is usually gained via network of trust anyway. I read Joe's
blog, he links to Jane's blog, I like the link, so I subscribe to
Jane's blog too. (To bring this back on topic briefly, this parallels
the design of git and the kernel!)

Even if I'm fooled into reading some seo-hacked blog, as long as the
content is garbage, I'm not coming back for seconds. Kiss. of. death.