leasing linux laptops

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 20 17:47:22 UTC 2008

Neil Watson wrote:
> I need a more long term business lease.
>
> Interestingly the Lenovo sight has a big page announcing that Thinkpads
> are now available that are preloaded with Suse.  I checked several models
> this morning but Windows was the only option.

I just purchased one of the T61 units. SuSE is only available in the US
even though it is advertised on the Canadian site. I asked for a windows
refund on vista home basic and they will not give me one. I'm rather
peeved and am looking into the laws in Canada that cover bundling as
they say I can only get a refund for the whole laptop, not just Windows.
I intend to reject the license when I first boot the laptop.

Jamon