Wireless (non-Bluetooth) mouse support

asdf fia_wrc_fanatic-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 19 19:29:50 UTC 2008

--- Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Small observation I do have one of the Microsoft
> wireless laptop mice to go with my laptop (smaller
> than ideal, but FAR better than the default laptop
> touch pad). With the laptop mouse the receiver is tiny
> and stores away in a recess in the bottom of the
> mouse. With the desktop mice, the mouse is a nice
> size, but the receiver is also a lot larger. I would
> not want to carry the desktop mouse receiver around if
> I didn't have to... I suggest you see just how big the
> mouse and receiver combo is before you buy...
>
> Colin McGregor

I am currently using the MS Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000,
which works perfectly under Windows (haven't gotten around
to installing Linux on my notebook), but is way too small
for my ginormous hands esp when I am using my notebook for
an extended period of time. I do agree that even a small
mouse is preferable to using the trackpad.

The Logitech VX Nano has a really tiny RF transceiver (hence
the Nano in its name) but the mouse itself isn't much bigger
than the one I am currently looking to replace. I spent over
an hour last night at a Best Buy and a FutureShop and I've
narrowed my choices down to either a Logitech MX620 or a
Logitech LX8. Both have transceivers that stick out from the
USB port but they stick out less that the length/height of
a Chapstick.

I would have preferred a full/desktop sized BT mouse that
didn't break the bank but I guess I'll have to make some
compromises myself!

Thanks.

Salman Ahmed