Recovering zapped hard drives

Richard Dice rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 17 12:52:07 UTC 2008

Hi Alex,

What I've heard is that this could be nigh impossible unless he has the
correct alternative PCBs to work with.  And just buying another hard drive
of the same make/model isn't good enough.  You basically have to buy from
the same OEM _batch_.  Theyr'e always making tweaks to the design and using
alternate subcomponent suppliers so the PCB on the drive you buy this week
isn't going to be the same one as what you buy on the "same" drive a week
from now.

Cheers,
 - Richard