Recovering zapped hard drives

teddy mills teddymills-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 17 13:11:31 UTC 2008

I would recommend finding another bad drive of that same model.
If you are able to cleanly remove the platters and or assembly, I would
say it would be worth it to then get a working drive of that model and
do it again.
Put the recovery platters into the working drive unit.
Dont worry about clean air. The drives will work just fine without a
cover on them. (days?/weeks?)
Long enough to get the data. The only tricky part is having the right
tools to get those platters out.

/teddy