[OT] Structure for movable home theatre

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 15 19:03:03 UTC 2008

Dexion Angle: Giant Meccano. (Erector was vastly inferior ;).
http://www.dexion.com/products/kits/dexion_slotted.asp
They show a special tool to cut the angle but you can easily use a hacksaw.

Peter

> This is about as off topic as it gets. Though I do plan on using a PS3
> for the player.
>
> But I think some on the list will find this an interesting project and
> be able to help.
>
> I live in a high rise and have converted my living room to a photography
> studio. I want to add a home theatre that has the front section on
> wheels and can be moved around the room.
>
> So I need a structure of some sore. A life size version of an erector
> set would be ideal. I know where to get locking wheels, but not the
> structure. Or materials to build it.
>
> I would bolt the HDTV to vertical bars and need room for the PS3,
> receiver, two fronts and center speaker. Maybe the sub woofer, as well.
> Probably looking at 200 lbs.
>
> I hope this will look like something from a warehouse, and shelving
> components may be the way to go.
>
> All suggestions appreciated!

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325