ASUS EEE with 8.9 inch screen at Cebit 2008

Alex Maynard maynarda-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 14 00:11:01 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I have a couple of colleagues who bought the Asus EE but are otherwise new
to linux. (BTW, Seems Asus is doing a lot to spread linux, at least at my
office).

Anyway, they want to add software and update their systems. Before I give
them the wrong advice and turn them off linux, I just wanted to double
check that the pre-installed version of (I think) xandos + EE
customization can be safely updated by apt-get? Can any one confirm
this? I'm particularly worried about the EE customization part. Thanks
very much.

Alex