OT: Is SPAM traffic way down?

Henry de Valence hdevalence-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 11 01:02:16 UTC 2008

<ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > My U of T email which used to receive 100 spam email per day is now
only
> >  receiving 12.
> >
> >  To what do I owe my good fortune?
> >
> >  BTW, the figures above refer to what U of T's spam folder was dropping
> >  into my IMAP junk-mail folder.
>
> Lucky you .. over the last six months or so, my GMail spam folder has
> usually had about 3000 messages, but lately it's been creeping up ..
> I'm now over 4800 messages. That's whatever gets kept for 30 days.
>
> I used to go into the folder and clean it up, but I don't bother anymore.

I have ~220, and I've recently noticed an increase in spam with
Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters, which is odd, because I don't know
why they would send it to me... I have also been getting a bunch of the
"You've got a bunch of money suddenly" emails, but I've had those for a
while. Here's part of one of the stranger ones: