OT: Is SPAM traffic way down?

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 10 14:16:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:31 AM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
>  > My U of T email which used to receive 100 spam email per day is now only
>  > receiving 12.
>  >
>  > To what do I owe my good fortune?
>  >
>  > BTW, the figures above refer to what U of T's spam folder was dropping
>  > into my IMAP junk-mail folder.
>
>  I'm probably getting it.  I've noticed a significant increase lately.

This is probably either a U of T thing or the product of an upstream
provider's actions.  I'm with James on this one: the spam in my gmail
account continues to creep steadily up despite my best efforts to
obfuscate my address on my website (yes, I know this isn't their only
source).

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/