Sympatico SMTP server's SASL authentication failure

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo lists-jiQtrEI3vUxWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 9 22:43:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> Sympatico SMTP server require TLS and SASL authentication. The
> SASL authentication failed as shown below:

Solved. Apparently the Hotmail (which provide Sympatico e-mail
service)'s SMTP server misbehaved (a Microsoft server
misbehaved? Really?), but I managed set postfix to get around it
by tell postfix not to use "login" mechanism in SASL, using this
configuration:
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter=!login, static:rest

Well, another reason not to use Sympatico. I would already move
away from Sympatico if I am not worry about being put into
second tier by Bell when Bell has network issues.

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo