Boot Problem after Crash

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 8 04:36:16 UTC 2008

Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Hmm. Could it be that the initrd is hosed. Perhaps if you tried
> installing a new kernel package (or if you're feeling brave, roll your
> own that doesn't need an initrd)?
>
> Is there an older kernel/initrd that you could put in there and try to
> boot from?

I tried older kernels, they used to hang on fsck. Then I figured out
why, I had other drives in fstab from the toasted PC. I commented out
these entries and I don't get fsck error anymore. Now my screen goes
blank, i.e., no output and stays like that. After about 1/2 hour I gave
up and rebooted.

I tried rebuilding initrd, but I still get the initramfs prompt when I boot.

Cheers,

TAA

--
Tony Abou-Assaleh