Looking for Computer Parts store run by Jawas

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 8 01:31:29 UTC 2008

--- Kamran <linuxdarkstar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
> > Kamran wrote:
> >>

> >> Alas I was refused entrance on the grounds I am
> part of the general
> >> public.  This is why need more computer parts
> stores run by Jawas.
> >
> > What are "Jawas"
>
> http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/jawa/

I recognized the reference instantly, the small
creatures who would trade/deal in almost any sort of
used hardware ... such as robots.

Jawas also served as good target practice for Imperial
Stormtroopers in the first (or is that the fourth?)
Star Wars movie... They were used as target practice
because they had been dealing in used hardware, namely
robots wanted by the Empire.

I trust it was the first role that you were thinking
of rather than the second ...

Colin McGregor