Looking for Computer Parts store run by Jawas

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 7 21:40:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 02:25:38PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> ARRGGHHH!!!!
>
> There is no such thing as a "DB-15" connector.  You're referring to a
> "DA-15" connector.  The 1st letter refers to the connector shell type.
> The 2nd letter refers to the shell size and the number is the pin
> quantity.  Look up the data sheets from Cannon or Amp for further info
> or read this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature
> http://www.epanorama.net/documents/connector/dconnector.html

These guys will sell you one:

http://www.winfordeng.com/products/con15.php

Now perhaps they (and everyone else) is wrong in calling it that, but
everyone just about call them DB25, DB15 and DB9, and just like the
english language, eventually common usage overrules original
specifications.

How about the DB23?  I think it was physically slightly shorter than the
DB25, so I guess it doesn't even fit any of the standard shell sizes.

--
Len Sorensen