syslog [notice] filtering

Jose jtc-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 5 14:37:21 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I am having a problem with my monitoring system, every night there is a
file operations on this server and the syslog captures the following:

(UPLOAD)[18992]: (someID-EIU6RzFSdli7891L6fK3Xg at public.gmane.org) [NOTICE]
/home/ftp/Agencies/THNW//guly.0803050254.ag uploaded  (5181630 bytes,
10812.80KB/sec)

I need to filter out this kind of warnings as my monitoring system
triggers red alarms due tothe [NOTICE] warning. I have tried redirecting
the ftp.* to another file, but didn't work:

# Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
# Don't log private authentication messages!
ftp.*                      -/var/log/ftpinfo
*.info;mail.none;news.none;authpriv.none;ftp.none     -/var/log/messages

I am wondering how to use the proper filtering.

Thanks in advance for any advise

Jose