OT - Cellphone billing

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 3 17:10:13 UTC 2008

William Muriithi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This was a petty good discussion and it looks like a good number of
> people would drop their current phone company if their was a choice.
> Lucky for them, there isn't much we can do. Who are the people behind
> Virgin Mobile by the way?

You mentioned Kenya.  While I have no idea about the specifics there,
one thing to bear in mind is many "3rd world" countries never had much
of a wired phone system.  So, for them, a cell phone is the first phone
many people have seen.  It's also cheaper to build out cell phone
towers, than to run all that cable from scratch, whereas here, we've got
a huge existing cable plant, that makes delivering service cheaper than
cell phones.