[OT] Playstation 3 and My Music Library

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 28 12:57:03 UTC 2008

2008/6/27 Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>:
> I would like to change to a much bigger hard drive and copy all my CDs to it
> and play from there.
>
> I *do not* want to convert to MP3.

A friend of mine has been working on a similar idea for a long time
(but using a "regular" computer).  He was going to use WAV, but
eventually went with FLAC, not so much because of the space savings
(he thinks it's about 1.7:1) but because FLAC allows file tagging,
which WAV doesn't.  Doing good tagging is a painful process, but can
be extremely useful.

I realize this isn't addressing your question, and I'm afraid I can't
address it directly.  I'll add though that my experience with Rockbox
which Asaf mentioned (I used it on an ancient Archos), was extremely
positive, and I would definitely suggest giving them a try.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org