Are there linux drivers for Canon digicams?

Slackrat tlug-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 28 08:14:39 UTC 2008

Mike Oliver a écrit profondement:

| specifically the PowerShot A580.  Haven't turned
| up anything useful on Google or LinuxHardware.org
| but for Google I might just not know how to filter
| out the useless stuff.

I will give you this for what it is worth.

I have tried it on a Cyberpix and a Pentax

It worked since SD cards are vfat in new state even after Pentax
formatted the SD card. - the Cyberpix gives a choice of formats but I
actually use it "as is"

This is "newbie" mode and you are free to alter it but my script goes
something like this:

hook up your cam to the usb

su root (_not_ "su - root") + pw etc

mkdir /mnt
mkdir /mnt/cam
mkdir /home/<mydir>/pix
mnt /dev/sda1 /mnt/cam
fr (FileRunner) or mc or <what-have-you>
navigate left panel to /mnt/cam you will find stuff there - descend
    until pix are visible
navigate right panel to  /home/<mydir>/pix
bring in the pix

Good Luk
--
SlackRat